Dual interface contact and contactless smart card reader
The OMNIKEY® 5422 represents the ultimate combination of contact and contactless technology in a single device. The solution features a dual interface, PC-linked reader that reads / writes to both a 13.56 MHz contactless smart card and virtually any contact smart card to support environments where both contact and contactless smart card technologies are required.
The reader provides users with the convenience, speed and security for applications such as user authentication to PCs, software, cloud-based applications, networks and web sites.
The OK5422 eliminates the requirement for driver installation and is suitable to be used with standard PC or workstations, as well as with thin and zero clients.
- Versatile – Ideal for end-user environments using both contact and contactless smart card technology and migration scenarios
- Leverages existing employee badge – Expands the usage of existing physical access cards to computer logon, as well as network and cloud applications.
- Easy to install – Eliminates the need to install drivers; uses native supported CCID drivers within the operating system.
- Increased security and improved user experience – Read and retrieve highly secure one-time passwords (OTP) from Seos® card.
- Designed for traditional clients as well as thin-client products and solutions.
- Uses native CCID driver from operating system – no additional drive installation required. \
- Supports a broad range of operating systems and works with the native CCID driver and PC/SC-API from
the operating system. Windows, Linux, Apple and Android.
- Supports contactless smarts cards with up to 848 Kbps in the fastest ISO 14443 transmission mode.
- Interoperable with various smart card technologies, tags and standards such as ISO 14443 A/B, ISO 7816,
Seos® (OTP only)
- Support for HID Global solutions: ActivID® ActivClient, ActivID® Applets, and HID Trusted Tag® Service.