This article outlines the integration of WhatsUp Gold with Varius Message Router to send SMS alerts.
Please refer to Send SMS from external systems page to see other integration examples.
The concept involves configuring WhatsUp Gold to send email messages to Varius Message Router as an email to SMS gateway. Varius Message Router will then convert the email contents to SMS.
Set the following configuration:
- SMTP server – IP address of Varius Message Router
- Sender email address – Email address of licensed user in Varius Message Router
- Recipient email address – The recipient email address format is <%recipient_mobile_number%>@fluidsms.com
We are assuming the following:
– IP address of Varius Message Router is 192.168.0.88
– The licensed user email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
– The mobile number is 91111111
1. From the console or web interface, select Configure > Action Library. Click New and select Email Action.
2. In the Email Action dialog, key in the following in the Configuration tab:
- SMTP Mail Server.
Enter the IP address of Varius Message Router. We are assuming it to be 192.168.0.88.
Enter port 25 which is the default SMTP port of Varius Message Router.
- Mail To.
Enter email@example.com. We are assuming that the recipient mobile number is 91111111.
- Mail From.
Enter firstname.lastname@example.org. We are assuming that the licensed user in Varius Message Router has the email address of email@example.com
3. In the Mail Content Tab, key in the following:
Enter a text message or edit the default message. You can use percent variable codes to display specific information in the subject.
- Message body.
Enter a text message or edit the default message. You can use percent variable codes to display specific information in the message body.
The email message body will be sent as SMS message. You can also configure Varius Message Router to include the email subject in the SMS message.
4. Complete the Alert Center tab by keying in the Alert Center email subject and uncheck the Alert Center Link.
5. Click OK to save the action.