signotec Omega LCD signature pad
the signotec Omega is a signature pad developed and produced entirely by signotec, “Made in Germany”, with an unsurpassed price-performance ratio. With its external dimensions of 180 x 191 x 15 mm it is extremely compact and appealing in design, so that you can set clear accents at your POS with this device.
The extremely flat signature pad impresses with its flat surface without edges between sensor and housing. The design allows a highly ergonomic signature. The pen and sensor give you a writing sensation similar to that on paper. The rounded sides also allow a smooth transition of the ball of the hand from the signature pad to the table, without any disturbance during writing. The pen itself has the size and feel of a real ballpoint pen and does not require any electronics or power supply. This passive pen is inexpensive to replace and the pad can still be used if lost.
The signotec Omega offers many application possibilities in stationary operation, for example at the point of sale (POS). The vertical holder enables the pin to be gripped quickly and easily.
In addition to the functionalities for signature capture, the signotec Omega can also be optionally equipped with an additionally integrated NFC reader.
Near Field Communication is the international transmission standard for wireless data exchange and enables extremely secure and fast data transfer.
The application areas of the NFC are very diverse. NFC can be integrated into PC applications and peripherals, as shown here in the “signotec Omega”. Near Field Communication can also be embedded in individual chip card readers and in electronic identity applications (eID).
- 5″ (12.5 cm) color display with 640 x 480 pixel resolution
- Integrated manual filing for convenient signature capture
- Special foil surface for precise pen input
- Batteryless pen with special spring-loaded refill
- Acquisition of 1,024 pressure stages
- Very high sensor resolution of 5,080 LPI
- Transmission rate of the 4D signature data at 500 Hz
- Only one USB cable for connection
- Patented security for the conclusive signature of PDF documents
- RSA encryption of the font characteristics in the pad
- SlideShow with up to 10 images in standby mode
- NFC reader (Near Field Communication)
- Individual design options and OEM production (colours and logo printing)
Types of connection:
- Optional: Virtual COM-Port (FTDI)
- Optional: signotec USB-Ethernet Adaptor
- NFC Reader
It is not possible to switch between the USB and FTDI operating modes.
Software and Hardware from one company – Made in Germany
Through our own development and production of electronics, firmware, drivers and applications, an optimal coordination between hardware and software is given.
|Type||12,5 cm (5″) Full-Colour LCD with LED backlight|
|Resolution||640 x 480 pixels|
|Scroll-Function||Yes, graphics up to 640 x 960 pixels|
|Pen||Pen with special, resilient pen tip (changeable)|
|Surface||Special foil surface for RTP sensors|
|Life expectancy||approx. 1 Million Signatures|
|Sample Rate||500 Hz, 4D Samples (x, y, z, t)|
|Active Signing Area||100 x 75 mm|
|Resolution||4.096 x 4.096 Pixel absolute ≙ 2.214 x 1.130 ppi|
NEAR FIELD COMMUNICATION (NFC)
|Availability||Optional, integration under the hand rest|
|Integration||Microsoft or Linux Smart Card API|
|Compatibility||• Reader/writer functionality compatible with ISO/IEC 14443 A&B, MIFARE™, FeliCa, and NFC Forum tag types (Jewel, MIFARE Ultralight, FeliCa, FeliCa lite, MIFARE DESFire), and supports I-class (Picopass B type modulation)|
• ISO18092 passive Initiator
• Complies with German eID, ICAO, and EMVCo 2.1
• Supports PCSC part 3 release 2.01.07
• Integrated support for MIFARE Reader
• USB 2.0 host interface, CCID protocol Support
• Validated with Microsoft Windows and Linux CCID native drivers
|Encryption||AES- and RSA-Encryption|
|Secure Mode||Real-time display of the signature without usable biometrics|
|PDF-Signature||RSA signature creation device inside the pad|
|Hash-Algorithms||SHA-256 und SHA-512|
More information can be found below in the tab “Security features”.
|Connection||USB (approx. 2,0 meters cable length)|
|Network (TCP/IP)||Yes, with optional signotec USB-Ethernet-Adaptor|
|Terminal Server / Citrix||Yes, optional with hardware FTDI chip or signotec vCOM driver|
|Citrix Virtual Channel||Yes, optional with signotec Virtual Channel driver|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||180 x 191 x 15 mm|
|Status LED||2-colour status LED|
|Slideshow||Yes, up to 10 images as self-sufficient slideshow inside the pad|
|Customization||Change of housing color and logo print (on request)|
Security Features (RSA)
The signotec signature pads have the highest security mechanisms* available. This allows a complete chain of evidence in dispute. Depending on the integration, different techniques are used:
- PDF documents** can be signed inside the pad and not in the insecure environment of the PC.
- The biometric data of the signature can be RSA-encrypted inside the pad using a public key.
- RSA-signature of the displayed content and signature.
- Upon delivery, each pad has a separate and unique RSA certificate for signing.
- Storing of custom RSA-certificates inside the pad.
- The pad can generate a RSA certificate.
- Supported schemes are RSA PKCS # 1 v1.5 (with or without the hash OID), PKCS # 1 v2.1
- Certificates can be certified by a Root Authority
- Supported hash algorithms are SHA-1, SHA-256 and SHA-512.
* The security features only refer to the signature capture via signotec signature pads. Other functionalities of hybrid devices (eg NFC or fingerprint) may have deviating security standards.
** One of our paid signature applications is required to sign PDF documents. For Windows we recommend our software “signoSign/2”.