Using SafeEntry with NRIC with Varius barcode scanners
What is SafeEntry?
To support businesses in this COVID-19 situation, the Government Technology Agency (GovTech) has made available SafeEntry, a free-for-use Cloud-based visitor registration system. SafeEntry is a national digital check-in system which logs visits by individuals to hotspots and venues providing essential services, as well as employees of essential services.
SafeEntry lets businesses check in visitors quickly by scanning their official photo ID or by allowing visitors to scan a unique QR code at their business location.
Select the option Scan Visitors with Barcode Scanner to use Varius barcode scanners for SafeEntry.
You can scan NRIC, FIN, work pass and TraceTogether Tokens.
For more information, please refer to SafeEntry.
Using Scan Visitors with Barcode Scanner
- NRIC and work pass uses 1D barcode which you can scan using a 1D or 2D barcode scanner.
TraceTogether Tokens uses QR code which you can only scan using a 2D barcode scanner.
Please refer to our full range of barcode scanners.
- Connect a Varius barcode scanner to a computer or mobile device.
If you use a computer, you can use a corded or cordless barcode scanner.
If you use a mobile device (iPhone, iPad, IOS, Android, Windows), you can use a Bluetooth barcode scanner to pair.
- Access the SafeEntry website: https://www.safeentry.gov.sg/
- Click on Scan Visitors with Barcode Scanner.
- Key in your Branch code and Entry/Exit name, check I’m not a robot and click Start Scanning.
- A message indicating SafeEntry now supports both TraceTogether Token and ID card scanning appears.
- Click on “With barcode scanner”.
- The Manual Registration for Entry (Check-in) page will appear.
Place the cursor on the field indicated by the red arrow.
- Use the barcode scanner to scan and the NRIC number will appear at the place of the cursor.
- You can use the same process for Exit (Check out) to track visitors that are exiting your premise.