Using SafeEntry with NRIC with Varius barcode scanners
What is SafeEntry?
To support businesses in this COVID-19 situation, the Government Technology Agency (GovTech) has made available SafeEntry, a free-for-use Cloud-based visitor registration system. SafeEntry is a national digital check-in system which logs visits by individuals to hotspots and venues providing essential services, as well as employees of essential services.
There are two flavours of SafeEntry:
- SafeEntry with NRIC
- SafeEntry with QR
Varius barcode scanners can be used with SafeEntry with NRIC.
For more information, please refer to SafeEntry.
Using SafeEntry with NRIC
- NRIC uses 1D barcode. You can scan a NRIC number using a 1D or 2D barcode scanner.
Please refer to our full range of barcode scanners.
- Connect a Varius barcode scanner to a computer or mobile device.
If you use a computer, you can use a corded or cordless barcode scanner.
If you use a mobile device (iPhone, iPad, IOS, Android), you can use a bluetooth barcode scanner.
- Access SafeEntry with NRIC scan visitors page and login.
- After login, select Scan Entrance if you wish to track visitors that are entering your premise.
- Select Manual Input and place your cursor on the field indicated by the red arrow.
- Use the barcode scanner to scan and the NRIC number will appear at the place of the cursor.
- You can use the same process for Scan Exit to track visitors that are exiting your premise.