The package contents are:
- Varius Message Router appliance
- 5V, 2A power adapter
Inserting the SIM card
This section applies to the cellular version only. The non-cellular version does not need a SIM card.
Varius Message Router (cellular) uses a standard SIM card.
Insert the SIM card (with the connectors facing up) into Varius Message Router in the direction of the arrow.
A click sound will be heard when the SIM card is locked in place.
To remove the SIM card, push it into Varius Message Router and release.
This activates the spring mechanism and the SIM card is repelled out of Varius Message Router.
Power up Varius Message Rouer (VMR) through its supplied power adapter. Upon successful power up, VMR will show a stable red light on the bottom right hand corner on the side with the SIM card slot. If the red light is flickering or there is no red light at all, the device is under-powered. To fully power the device, the 5v power adapter need to have a rating of at least 2A.
Connecting to Varius Message Router
VMR has a built-in Ethernet adapter and a built-in WIFI adapter.
The default IP address of the Ethernet adapter is 192.168.0.88.
- Configure the IP address of your computer’s Ethernet adapter to 192.168.0.100.
- Connect the Ethernet port of your computer to the Ethernet port of the VMR with an Ethernet cable.
- From your web browser, access VMR’s web interface at http://192.168.0.88.
- Login to the System Admin tab using the default username / password as admin / password.
After login, click on the Menu icon to access the main menu.
- Select Control Panel from the main menu.
- Set the host name, reboot or shut down VMR here.
- Select Ethernet Configuration from the main menu.
- Select DHCP or configure the static IP address of VMR and click Save.
- Click Restart Network to apply the Ethernet settings immediately.
- This completes the configuration of the IP address for VMR to connect to your organization’s network.
1. Select Wifi Configuration from the main menu.
2. The available wireless networks will be shown in the Wireless Networks field.
3. Select the wireless network you wish to connect to, key in the Network Security Key and click Save Profile. The Wireless Network that is saved as a profile will have a star (*) beside its name.
4. Set the IP Address Assignment to DHCP and click Save. You can leave the rest of the fields blank.
5. Select the saved wireless network profile and click connect. A CONNECTED message will be shown next to the wireless network name once connection is successful.
6. If you wish to assign an IP address to the wireless adapter of VMR, please select Static in Wifi Configuration and key in the necessary information and click Save.
7. Click Restart Network to apply the network settings immediately.
Configure System Time
- Select Set System Time from the main menu.
- Set the system date and time manually or check on the Time Server Sync option to allow the system time to synchronize with public network time protocol (NTP) servers. You can specify up to four NTP servers. Click Save after you are done.