XB-8602 is a handsfree desktop omni-directional barcode scanner capable of reading various 1D barcodes and QR codes.
User Manual: Please download the XB-8602 User Manual for the configuration barcodes. A copy of the User Manual is in the barcode scanner box.
How to use
The barcode scanner has only one connection mode which is the wired mode where the barcode scanner is connected to computer by USB cable.
- Plug one end of the USB cable provided to the back of the barcode scanner.
- Plug the other end of the USB cable provided to the USB port of the computer.
- Ensure that Windows can detect the barcode scanner in Device Manager.
It should appear as a HID Keyboard Device under Keyboards.
- Open Notepad and attempt to scan a barcode with the barcode scanner. The scanned barcode will appear in Notepad.
Press the button at the top of XB-8602 to toggle 2D barcode scanning mode.
– Blue color button: Scans 1D and 2D barcodes
– Red color button: Scans only 1D barcodes.
UPC-E barcodes is an 8-digit code with number system 0 or 1, which is a shortened version of UPC-A barcode. It is generally used on products with very small packaging where UPC-A barcode couldn’t reasonably fit.
Scan the following barcodes: