This article outlines the integration of Geist Racknet with Varius Message Router to send SMS alerts.
Please refer to Send SMS from external systems page to see other integration examples.
The concept involves configuring Geist Racknet to send email messages to Varius Message Router as an email to SMS gateway. Varius Message Router will then convert the email contents to SMS.
Set the following configuration:
- SMTP server – IP address of Varius Message Router
- Sender email address – Email address of licensed user in Varius Message Router
- Recipient email address – The recipient email address format is <%recipient_mobile_number%>@fluidsms.com
We are assuming the following:
– IP address of Varius Message Router is 192.168.0.88
– The licensed user email address is email@example.com
– The mobile number is 91111111
1. Configure the following in the System Email section:
- SMTP Mail Server.
Enter the IP address of Varius Message Router. We are assuming it to be 192.168.0.88.
Enter port 25 which is the default SMTP port of Varius Message Router.
- Mail To.
Enter firstname.lastname@example.org. We are assuming that the recipient mobile number is 91111111.
- Mail From.
Enter email@example.com. We are assuming that the licensed user in Varius Message Router has the email address of firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Configure the message text to include Racknet alert variables for specific alert information.