XB-6255M reads 1D and 2D barcodes. It is equipped with auto-sense capability and comes with a stand.
User Manual: Please download the XB-6255M User Manual for the configuration barcodes. A copy of the User Manual is in the barcode scanner box.
- XB-6255M connects to computer by USB cable.
- Take out the device cable from the barcode scanner box.
- Insert one end of the device cable into the “Interface” opening at the base of the barcode scanner.
- To remove the cable, insert a paper clip through the “Paper Clip Socket” and pull out the cable.
- Connect the other end of the device cable to the USB port of the computer.
- The computer should detect the barcode scanner.
- Open Notepad and click on a new document.
- The barcode scanner acts like a keyboard. Scanned barcodes will appear where the cursor is placed.
- Press the trigger of the barcode scanner to manually scan a barcode and the barcode scanned will appear in the document.
- Auto mode: Place a barcode (eg. NRIC) near the barcode scanner and the barcode scanner will auto scan the barcode and the scanned barcode will appear in Notepad.
- Manual mode: Press the trigger of the barcode scanner to scan the barcode.