The iSafe 4500 Fingerprint Reader is a USB peripheral perfect for individual desk top users, as well as multiple users in shared environments.
The iSafe 4500 Reader utilizes optical fingerprint scanning technology to achieve excellent image quality, a large capture area and superior reliability.
A silicone coating allows it to read a wide range of fingerprints accurately and rapidly regardless of placement angle.
The high-quality metal casing resists unintentional movement.
The iSafe 4500 Fingerprint Reader is the HID DigitalPersona 4500 Fingerprint Module in a black enclosure.
To use, simply place a finger on the reader window and the reader quickly and automatically captures and encrypts the fingerprint image before sending it to the DigitalPersona FingerJet™ biometric engine for verification. For superior user feedback, a red “flash” indicates that a fingerprint image has been captured.
- Small form factor
- Excellent image quality
- Fast image capture
- Encrypted fingerprint data
- Compatible with DigitalPersona Biometric SDKs
The iSafe 4500 Fingerprint Reader is designed for use with a full range of HID Global software including our authentication solutions, as well as most of our DigitalPersona Biometric SDK Software Development Kits.
- Pixel resolution: 512 dpi (average x, y over the scan area)
- Scan capture area: 14.6 mm (nom. width at center) 18.1 mm (nom. length)
- 8-bit grayscale (256 levels of gray)
- Reader size (approximate): 65 mm x 36 mm x 15.56 mm
- Compatible with USB 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 (Full Speed) specifications