XB-5055R is an industrial 1D wireless barcode scanner capable of reading various 1D barcodes.
User Manual: Please download the User Manual for the configuration barcodes. A copy of the user manual is in the barcode scanner box.
The barcode scanner has only one connection mode which is the wireless mode.
- Barcode scanner paired with USB receiver (dongle).
- The USB receiver is connected to computer.
Barcode scanner paired with USB receiver (dongle)
Using the connection mode
- Connect the USB receiver (dongle) to the USB port of the computer.
- Ensure that Windows can detect the USB receiver in Device Manager.
It should appear as a HID Keyboard Device under Keyboards.
- Turn on the barcode scanner by pressing the trigger.
- Open Notepad and attempt to scan a barcode with the barcode scanner. The scanned barcode will appear in Notepad.
Please perform the following steps to pair the barcode scanner with the USB receiver.
- Scan Factory Default barcode with the barcode scanner.
- Disconnect and re-connect the USB receiver from the USB port of the computer.
- When the blue indicator light of the USB receiver is flashing continuously, scan Forced Pairing barcode with the barcode scanner.
- When pairing is successful, the barcode scanner will show two beeps.
Question: Why does the barcode scanner turn off immediately after it is turned on?
Answer: The battery of the barcode scanner is low. Please charge it with the power adapter provided.
Question: When used in wireless mode, why is there no data transmitted after some time?
This may be due to the Windows “USB selective suspend” feature which suspends a USB port to save power. Please disable this feature using the method here.