The duraSign Pad Brilliance is the first product in the “duraSign Pad Series” family from StepOver Europe. This signature pad stands out for its extreme durability coupled with outstanding security features and an elegant appearance.
Together with its off-set screen, the construction of this signature pad offers unparalleled ergonomics for signatories: whether you are left- or right-handed, it feels just like signing a piece of paper.
Outstanding internal pad security coupled with an optional real-time clock for a secure date stamp on every signature as well as optional opening recognition, make this signature pad a truly extraordinary product.
duraSign stands for durability!
The duraSign Pad Brilliance with a bright colour screen and USB port has been designed and manufactured especially for frequent and heavy use at the sales counter. Its elegant yet robust construction featuring a 3 mm polycarbonate case and a large, hardened glass surface make this signature pad an attractive solution built to last.
Sophisticated detailed solution for everyday stationary transactions
The duraSign Pad Brilliance features a vertical stylus holder for secure storage and easy access. The new “duraPen 1” battery-free electromagnetic stylus is securely attached to the casing by a tear-proof cord. The duraPen 1 and the cord can be replaced on site, with no need to open or post the casing.
The USB port with cable channel sunk into the casing base combines the advantages of a sturdy supply cable with the flexibility of a replaceable standard USB cable. (Impossible to unplug by mistake, various cable lengths, option to replace there and then without needing to send away, etc.)
High-resolution colour screen – plenty of flexibility
The high-resolution colour screen gives you enough space to insert long texts, messages, and interactive buttons. You can adjust the design of the screen content just as you please. At the counter, it is often difficult to turn the screen to the client and not disclose the displayed information to as yet unauthorised persons.
Sign the document directly
The colour screen not only allows you to view small sections of text, it also allows you to sign directly on the document. The signature is displayed on the signature pad colour screen in real time – just like on paper.
Terminal server capability
The duraSign Pad Brilliance signature pad also allows you to select a different transmission protocol at any time (HID, VCOM, Wyse). It is, therefore possible to adapt to an altered IT landscape (terminal server, Citrix, thin client, Windows CE) even at a later date.
Automated customer interaction
Dialog mode for our project-related clients.
The customer can enter all the relevant user information on the signature pad itself, without the need for a second screen. This is particularly useful for transactions at the service counter.
Present yourself brilliantly!
With its 800×480 pixel resolution, the bright colour screen will show your latest offers, products, solutions, and services to their best advantage, in the form of a slideshow in standby mode. Upload, organise and update images in the signature pad’s internal memory using our free software StepOver ImageLoader.
Anti-theft guarantee thanks to Kensington lock
Besides the fact that the signature pad can be fixed to the counter via screw mounting on the back cover, the Kensington lock also prevents the theft of the signature pad.
Opening recognition – security at the counter
The duraSign Pad Brilliance features an optional internal battery, which supplies an internal memory unit with power for several years (usually the pad’s entire lifespan). This internal memory unit holds a key that is unique to every single pad, as long as it is supplied with power. If the casing is opened, the power supply is interrupted and the key is deleted. The next time the pad is switched on, the firmware integrated into the main processor ascertains that the key for the volatile memory is no longer equivalent to its own, and thus that the signature pad may have been tampered with. Please contact us before ordering if you are interested in this feature.
The highest possible proof of security
Each StepOver signature pad has a unique certificate for digital signature (up to 4096-bit RSA): the internal signature creation unit signs the relevant document in a completely safe way, after which the signature can be assigned to a specific signature pad at a later time. Furthermore, the signature pad contains a public key of a second key pair, generated by a notary public. This key securely encrypts the biometric data of your signature in the signature pad. As a result, highly sensitive data is never found decrypted on your potentially unsecured environment i.e. computer. The private key for decryption is safely stored with the notary public.
Security for you
The unique security concept of this StepOver signature pad should guarantee users the highest possible degree of security in court, as users themselves are not able to manipulate the signature solution in any way.
This StepOver signature pad is suitable for developing a system for simple and advanced electronic signatures according to eIDAS.
- High-resolution colour screen (800×480 pixels)
- Colour screen for displaying signatures, texts, documents, clippings, and interactive buttons
- View the full document on the large colour screen using scrolling feature
- Slideshow: max. 4 images (can be generated yourself via the free StepOver ImageLoader)
- Adjust the brightness of the pad screen and deactivate the colour screen using the free StepOver ImageLoader (power-saving!)
- Document display mode
- Dialogue mode
- Option to switch to different transmission protocols (HID – driverless, VCom – port forwarding / Com port forwarding, Wyse – ThinOS)
- Anti-theft feature with Kensington lock slot (certain models only; please see data sheet)
- Save paper (forms) and therefore costs
- No expenses for printing, mailing, faxing or scanning signed documents
- More efficient workflow
- Significantly faster processing times
- Easy to repeat failed signatures without wasting paper or time
- Cost savings through avoiding additional monitors at the counter
- Suitable for right and left-handed signatories
- Easily accessible stylus holder on the rear of the case for stationary use
- Special stylus necessary (no batteries necessary for the stylus)
- Hardened glass desk pad and 3 mm casing thickness for maximum durability
- Stylus secured with a generously sized cord
- Screw pillars for mounting on counters for stationary use
- Unbeatably precise capture of signature data (maximum image resolution, pressure and time) for optimum comparability by the handwriting expert
- Document integrity is ensured by our unique and patented safety concept with asymmetric encryption in the signature pad
- USB cable: 200 cm long (can be replaced by a standard USB cable up to 300 cm in length)
- No extra power supply (USB – cable is sufficient)
Dimensions / Weight
20 cm x 17.3 cm x 1.7 cm / 385 g
Sensor / Screen
10.9 cm x 6.7 cm / 800 x 480 pixels with 64,000 colours
274 4D coordinates per second (X, Y, pressure and time) – captured X and Y coordinates X=2400 Y=2900 lpi, 1024 pressure levels, special stylus (duraPen 1) required
Up to RSA 4096 Bit Signature capturing device, Pad-internal encryption of the biometric data with notarised, Public-Key (up to RSA 4096 Bit)
USB 2.0 and/or 1.1, HID (no driver required)
Win10, Win7, Win8, Mac OS 10.9 and 10.10 via VMware Fusion or our webSignatureOffice. For Linux or thin client systems please contact our consulting team.
Signature Software compatibility
You can learn more about the signature software compatibility in the technical information document.
|eSignatureOffice Lite||Signs on PDF documents|
|eSignatureOffice Lite is a basic version of eSignatureOffice standard, designed for Asian market only|
|Hardware API||Drivers for signature pad|
|SimpleSigner Basic Standard||Enables command line-controlled integration of secure handwritten e-signatures in your application|
|StepOver Plugin for Office||Free plugin for MS Office to add signature’s image to Word or Excel document.|
|StepOver Pad Connector for Windows, MacOS, Linux||Allows simple integration of StepOver signature pads in web applications (no secure signing PDF)|