Using SafeEntry for Businesses with Varius Barcode Scanners for Contact Tracing / TraceTogether
Every scan counts towards our fight against COVID-19.
What is SafeEntry?
To support businesses in this COVID-19 situation, the Government Technology Agency (GovTech) has made available SafeEntry, a free-for-use Cloud-based visitor registration system. SafeEntry is a national digital check-in system which logs visits by individuals to hotspots and venues providing essential services, as well as employees of essential services.
SafeEntry lets businesses check in visitors quickly by scanning their TraceTogether tokens or by allowing visitors to scan a unique QR code at their business location.
Select the option Scan Visitors with Barcode Scanner to use Varius barcode scanners for SafeEntry.
You can scan TraceTogether tokens, NRIC, FIN and work passes.
For more information, please refer to SafeEntry.
Using Scan Visitors with Barcode Scanner
- Scan QR code on TraceTogether tokens with our 2D barcode scanner.
Please refer to our full range of barcode scanners.
- Connect a Varius barcode scanner to a computer or mobile device.
If you use a mobile device (iPhone, iPad, IOS, Android, Windows), you can use a Bluetooth barcode scanner.
You can also use our handheld computer with built-iin barcode scanner.
- Access the SafeEntry website: https://www.safeentry.gov.sg/
- Click on “Scan Visitors with Barcode Scanner” under the For Businesses section.
- Key in your Branch code and Entry/Exit name, check I’m not a robot and click Start Scanning.
- Click on “With barcode scanner”.
- The Manual Registration for Entry (Check-in) page will appear.
Click your mouse to place the cursor on the “Enter NRIC/FIN” field indicated by the red arrow.
- Scan the QR code with the barcode scanner on the Tracetogether token and the Token ID will be submitted for SafeEntry.
- You can use the same process for Exit (Check out) to track visitors that are exiting your premise.